Q&A with IBM's John McCalpin

A link at Ars Technica took me to this great article:

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/pa-expert1.html

"This question and answer article features IBM Senior Technical
Staff Member John McCalpin on his work on the POWER5 and in high
performance computing; on the Hypervisor and the size of POWER5
chips; on 128-bit computing -- and even on why he became a
computer scientist instead of an entomologist."

In article <4Olpd.332713$%k.63805@pd7tw2no>,
Rob Stow <rob.stow.nospam@shaw.ca> wrote:
| "... on why he became a
| computer scientist instead of an entomologist."

He wanted to get away from all those damn bugs.

Intl House O Cheese wrote:
> In article <4Olpd.332713$%k.63805@pd7tw2no>,
> Rob Stow <rob.stow.nospam@shaw.ca> wrote:
> | "... on why he became a
> | computer scientist instead of an entomologist."
>
> He wanted to get away from all those damn bugs.

ROTFLMAO :-D