Q code 55

Oct 16, 2018
I was having some graphics issues after an update, but after rolling back and re installing the drivers I seemed to have fixed it except for some weird pauses where this would continue in the background but the screen would pause for 1 to 5 seconds fairly frequently.

I was looking into it when I read that reseating the RAM can fix the issue, so I did just that, I turned off and unplugged my machine first and after everything was repluged/seated I tried turning my PC on and now it won’t boot and I get the q code 55.

As such I have tried plugging each of my to RAM modules in to each slot one at a time with no success and I have tried clearing the CMOS battery with no effect, unfortunately I don’t have any spare parts, I feel like I am missing something, I have tried re plugging in anything I could have possible bumped and what not.

I built the PC myself and have had the It for about 4 years and have changed the RAM once at the start of this year.

My spec are:
I7 4770k
ASUS MAXIMUS EXTREME VI
G.Skill trident F3-2400C10D-16GTX
2x gtx 780

Oct 16, 2018
The heat sink that comes with the CPU, so it’s one of those pop lock thingys, I have tried re locking it 3 or 4 times now just in case I bumped it, I have also re seated both the RAM cards so many times by now one of them would have had to be in perfectly.

I would suggest to unplug everything except cpu, start the motherboard, id it reports with error no ram good.
then add ram, now if it reports no vga, add one gpu.
That should bring you into bios or windows atleast.

Have you tried unplugging psu, switch on psu, remove shiny battery (cmos) and press and hold power button for 30-60s (if upper doesnt work, try this first and then try upper paragraph without powering motherboard at all after clearing cmos).

Also try without cmos battery if both fails.

Was psu plugged/switched on when ypu started to swap components?

Also if possible could you try your components in another system?

Oct 16, 2018
Sorry for the delay I live in Australia, I tried the upper paragraph without success unfortunately, I have now cleared the CMOS, but am confused at how I would do the upper pararaph without the psu

Oct 16, 2018
No go :( tried doing it with both cards, clearers CMOs then MemOK, then switched did it again Clear CMOss than MemOK, then the same thing with each card in each slot, no go :(

TRENDING THREADS