Q: How check hours use on deck?

I'm thinking of buying a used (but apparently very little used) Sony
DSR 11 deck. I'd love any help with the following:

1. How do I check hours used to date? ie The owner says 50...
2. How many hours use is no longer a good deal?

Thanks.

"scribz" wrote ...
> I'm thinking of buying a used (but apparently very little used) Sony
> DSR 11 deck. I'd love any help with the following:
>
> 1. How do I check hours used to date? ie The owner says 50...

It doesn't come with the users manual?

> 2. How many hours use is no longer a good deal?

Depends on the price and what its worth to you, isn't it?

Hal

"scribz" <scribz@spymac-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I'm thinking of buying a used (but apparently very little used) Sony
> DSR 11 deck. I'd love any help with the following:
>
> 1. How do I check hours used to date? ie The owner says 50...

I would ditto Richards reply and add, that if you don't trust the owner
(i.e., what the owner tells you), perhaps you should consider other
alternatives.

Good luck!

Hal Lowe
http://hals.vstoremarket.com (HaloweGraphics SuperStore)
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/tinc?key=0TmhZVQ5&formname=web_email
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html (free original video textures &
background MP3s)
http://1and1.com/?k_id=7391019 (Best website host/great prices)

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:54:48 GMT, "Hal"
<see_post_for_address@post.com> wrote:

>"scribz" <scribz@spymac-nospam.com> wrote in message
>> I'm thinking of buying a used (but apparently very little used) Sony
>> DSR 11 deck. I'd love any help with the following:
>>
>> 1. How do I check hours used to date? ie The owner says 50...
>
>I would ditto Richards reply and add, that if you don't trust the owner
>(i.e., what the owner tells you), perhaps you should consider other
>alternatives.
>
>Good luck!

If the owner knows the hours, then the owner can pull it up from the
menu for you -- I believe that is all you need to do, run through the
onscreen menus until you find the hours of use.

On 2004-06-23 15:54:48 +0200, "Hal" <see_post_for_address@post.com> said:

> I would ditto Richards reply and add, that if you don't trust the owner
> (i.e., what the owner tells you), perhaps you should consider other
> alternatives.

Ok. Thanks for the advice.

Hal

"Jeffery S. Jones" <jeffsj@execpc.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:54:48 GMT, "Hal"
> <see_post_for_address@post.com> wrote:
>
> >"scribz" <scribz@spymac-nospam.com> wrote in message
> >> I'm thinking of buying a used (but apparently very little used) Sony
> >> DSR 11 deck. I'd love any help with the following:
> >>
> >> 1. How do I check hours used to date? ie The owner says 50...
> >
> >I would ditto Richards reply and add, that if you don't trust the owner
> >(i.e., what the owner tells you), perhaps you should consider other
> >alternatives.
> >
> >Good luck!
>
> If the owner knows the hours, then the owner can pull it up from the
> menu for you -- I believe that is all you need to do, run through the
> onscreen menus until you find the hours of use.
> --
> ** Muskego WI Access Channel 14/25 <http://www.execpc.com/~jeffsj/mach7/>
> *Starfire Design Studio* <http://www.starfiredesign.com/>

Jeffery,

As a courtesy, please post your replies to the original poster, when
responding to his/her specific request.

Thank you.