Question Q-led is red and no boot and no signal on monitor

Jul 3, 2022
Hello guys. Few days ago i was going to my oc and i started it on and then i noticed that on the monitor it said "no signal" and it didnt boot. So i bought a new motherboard but it didnt fix it. Now on the new mbo it has Q-leds and its solid red. So i assume its a cpu error?

My specs:

gtx 1070
Ryzen 5 3600x
rog strix b450-f gaming II
16gb ddr4
250gb nvme m.2
500gb hdd

Does anybody know what to do?

Any help is really appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Try and reset the BIOS, remove the CMOS battery for at least 30 minutes after the system has powered down and disconnected from the display and wall outlet.

Q-led is red
+
Ryzen 5 3600x

Assuming that the LED is stuck on CPU(since you have 4 Q-LED's on the board towards the left of the ram slots), tell tale signs that the processor might be to blame. You might want to source a donor CPU and drop it into your motherboard. Likewise drop your CPU onto a similar spec'd motherboard. If the processor doesn't work on the donor board, the issue is with your processor. If the board doesn't want to cooperate with the donor CPU as well, then it's your board.

You could likewise try and Flash your board with the latest BIOS version;
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/.../E17112_ROG_STRIX_B450-F_GAMING_II_UM_WEB.pdf
^ page 3-4, section 3.5 to rule out a corrupt BIOS though it's been running fine all this time, it might not be the BIOS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Danskuz000
Jul 3, 2022
Thanks for the quick reply. Ive tried to reset the bios by removing CMOS battery but no success... And i cant get a another cpu from anyone. And ive tried to update the bios with flashback.

Jul 3, 2022
Have you tried to switch to an diffrent cable?
DVA, HDMI, DISPLAY PORT?
Swap out the cable, just in case :unsure:

Motherboards that support the BIOS flashback feature can be booted and will POST even without the CPU.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS