Question Q: Realtek HD Audio Manager problem

maximef1

Reputable
Mar 16, 2017
So about half the time my computer won't recognize that my headphones and speakers are plugged in (which never used to be problem before). I'm assuming it has to do with a driver update seeing as the computer was built in December 2019. Again, upon 1-2 force restart the computer will function normally without touching any of the audio outputs.

In Device Manager, under "Sound video and games..." I see Realtek(R) Audio and never see Realtek HD Audio Manager. If we go to uninstall programs, I do see "Realtek High definition Audio Driver" (I've installed it from Gigabyte's MOBO driver list.

If I run "msinfo32", under Component>Sound device I see that the Name is indeed Realtek High Definition Audio and that driver installed is indeed 6.0.8854.1.

However, if I look for a program with the window feature, I see that the for a program under the simple Windows key, I see "Realtek Audio Console" and nothing else. What I seem to be missing is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

I have tried to uninstall and remove "Realtek(R) Audio" to try and force my computer to recognize Realtek HD audio but that failed. It automatically reinstall Realtek(R) after every restart.

Please help, it's driving me mad.

Thanks,
Max

Reactions: JazzTheNerd

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS