Q: SPDIF to TOS Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello.

Is it correct to assume that there can be a direct translation between
coaxial digital and TOS Link optical? If so, what is the best choice for
price, simplicity and performance?

I am looking at a sound card that has coaxial in and out, but I need TOS
Link.

Thanks!

"James Lehman" <james[remove]@akrobiz.com> wrote in message
> Hello.
>
> Is it correct to assume that there can be a direct
translation
> between coaxial digital and TOS Link optical? If so, what
is
> the best choice for price, simplicity and performance?
>
> I am looking at a sound card that has coaxial in and out,
but
> I need TOS Link.

Coax to optical converters are cheap and widely available.
Even places like Radio Shack and Parts Express have them.

These came up first when I searched google for "coax optical
converter":

http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat%5Fid=3106&sku=40019&engine=adwords!654&keyword=%28optical+to+coax%29

http://www.minidisc.org/part_Dayton_Audio_Coax_to_Optical_converter.html

Both are pretty representative

"James Lehman" wrote ...
> Is it correct to assume that there can be a direct translation
> between coaxial digital and TOS Link optical? If so, what
> is the best choice for price, simplicity and performance?
>
> I am looking at a sound card that has coaxial in and out,
> but I need TOS Link.

The data stream on S/PDIF and on TOSlink are the same.
Converters in either direction are available many places,
even Radio Shack, etc.