Q17 - 2 more in stock - Michigan

kelston

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2002
Well, after going back and forth between the Q17 and the Prophet screen, I settled on the Hyundai. Why? Poor college student.

It's been months since it was reviewed and months since it was discontinued, but I figured, I could try looking for one anyway.

After several back and forths with ImageQuest of America and several of its distros, I found one distro who hooked me up with a reseller who might have stock.

www.mecworld.com's Derek linked me up with Tom Dykema of Computers and More in Michigan, US. I finally got a hold of him today, and lo and behold, they had 3 Q17s in stock. I couldn't say which revision it was, but I ordered one nonetheless. Should be shipping tomorrow.

After seeing one post mentioning some Q17s actually have an AuO screen, is there anything I should look out for to determine whether or not I got the original Hyundai?

I will make an update when I get the monitor and determine whether or not it's the real thing that THG recommended.

If anyone wants to try it out... you have to talk to Tom Dykema directly to actually get something shipped.

Computers and More
1-616-396-5222
Tom Dykema - Owner

Figured I would share the wealth.

You folks could probably try MEC to see if they have any other resellers that have the monitor.

ASI (www.asipartner.com) actually lists the monitor in it's Distro Catalog, but their sales email didn't work and apparently you need to know someone specific to call them since i've tried the receptionist several times to no avail.

kelston

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2002
I just got the Q17 from Computers and More.

As far as I can tell, it is the Hyundai/Hydis (not the AuO).

It's a Dual input Analog/Digital and I have the same digital OSD as other Q17 owners.

So if anyone was looking for em, pick up the 2 that Computers and More still have in stock. They're $499.95, expensive but worth it.

Mine has 0 dead pixels :)