q300l 120mm. fans?

alex.stoychev

Reputable
Aug 23, 2017
Hello, I just buy the q300l case and now im thinking to add more fans in it because there is only one fan in the back. For now i can add only 2 120mm. to the front. Should i go whit SP or AF? Should i get the Arctic F12 TC or something more expensive?
Any help is welcome :) My PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
GPU : Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8GB
MOBO: MSI B450M Bazooka
RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 8GB Kit
PSU: Corsair CX 550
HDD: WD Blue 1TB
SSD: Kingston A400 SSD 240GB

Solution
No the tc has the same airflow, both have 53cfm - this is from Arctic official spec page

The tc plugs to motherboard still, it has a small temp sensor on a seperate lead which can run 3 different speeds depending on the temperature near that sensor.

You really have no benefit getting the tc version as an intake fan at all.

Assuming your current rear exhaust fan is plugged into the motherboard then you only have one motherboard header left to run 2 front case fans.

If you're only going to add 1 front intake then this isn't an issue, if you want to add 2 fans then the pwm pst will let you add 2 fans to that single motherboard header.

alex.stoychev

Reputable
Aug 23, 2017
So for the TC model i need to buy a termo control? And for the pwm pst i just plug it in the mobo? Sorry im not good in pc build. For now the TC and the pwn pst are the same price and I see that the TC have more air flow. 74cfm vs 54cfm

No the tc has the same airflow, both have 53cfm - this is from Arctic official spec page

The tc plugs to motherboard still, it has a small temp sensor on a seperate lead which can run 3 different speeds depending on the temperature near that sensor.

You really have no benefit getting the tc version as an intake fan at all.

Assuming your current rear exhaust fan is plugged into the motherboard then you only have one motherboard header left to run 2 front case fans.

If you're only going to add 1 front intake then this isn't an issue, if you want to add 2 fans then the pwm pst will let you add 2 fans to that single motherboard header.

Solution