Q6600 - 750 Ti SC vs GTX 275

ReaperTheMad

Reputable
Jun 10, 2014
OK, I've seen a fair amount of threads regarding the q6600 and which is the *best* card for it. I'm considering upgrading from the GTX 275 to an EVGA 750 Ti SC FTW that I found new for $129. This is a backup machine and a new build is not an option right now - especially since it's just a backup gaming rig. Everything else is pretty much maxed out or close to it for the machine's age - 850W PSU, 8GB ram, 7200rpm HDD, and so on. I'm mainly wondering if the new architecture and higher clock speed on the 750 offsets its lower bandwidth and other slight shortcomings relative to the GTX 275. Will I see an increase in FPS? Obviously power is not an issue with that PSU, but a cooler card with lower draw wouldn't be bad as long as it's actually an upgrade...

Thoughts? Thanks!

Both are decent cards depending on how you view them but the GTX 275 is pretty advanced in its age and the 750 Ti uses around half the power depending on load ect. Overall go ahead for the 750 Ti but current gen cards are just months away from being yesterday's news. Rest of the system is meh but still more than enough depending how its used.