Q6600 OC'ing with P5Q Mobo

wanana

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2008
First off, I want to test my stock Q6600 with Prime95 turned on 4x, so all my cores are running at full CPU. And then after 4 hours I should check out the temperatures and write them down [using speedfan, coretemp64], and check if they are compatible OC’ing. [which is most likely yes]. After that I need to check my CPU-Z for RAM specs and write them down to put them into my BIOS…

If I want to OC my Q6600, I must change the following values in BIOS:

Specs:
Q6600 G0-revision
Kingston 2x2GB DDR2 SDRAM PC8500 CL7.0 HyperX
Asus P5Q-SE
Coolermaster M620
Processor Cooler – OCZ Vendetta 2
HD4870 1GB Toxic

Advanced tab -> CPU Configuration
CPU Ratio Setting [auto] to [manual] and then set…
Ratio CMOS Setting [09.0] [which is considered as the multiplier right?]
Modify Ratio Support [disabled]
C1E Support [enabled] – default
CPU TM Function [enabled]
Vanderpool Technology [disabled] (DUAL BOOT)
Execute Disable Bit [enabled] – default
Max CPUID Value Limit [disabled]
PECI [enabled]
Intel ® Speedstep™ Tech. [enabled] - default

Memory remap feature [enabled]

Ai Overclock Tuner [auto] to [manual]
??FSB Strap to North Bridge [auto] – what should I do with this?
FSB Frequency to whatever you want, I want 3 GHz so I choose ->333 <-
PCIE Frequency [100]
PCI Clock Synchronization – [33.33] MHz
Spread Spectrum – [disable]

As for the RAM settings:
??DRAM Frequency, the ‘’memoryspeed’’ of my RAM is DDR2 - 1066 MHz (PC2-8500) so I set it to the most equivalent number.
Or am I doing this wrong? Must I do this like in here? If so it is DRAM Frequency 667 MHz?... I don’t know what the 1:1, 4:5, 2:3 etc. stands for.. I have Q6600 :\
1. FSB : DRAM
2. 1:1 = 333 MHz : 667 MHz
3. 4:5 = 333 MHz : 833 MHz
4. 2:3 = 333 MHz : 1,000 MHz
5. 5:8 = 333 MHz : 1,066 MHz
6. 3:5 = 333 MHz : 1,111 MHz
7. 1:2 = 333 MHz : 1,333 MHz
<I>“Running in 1:1 mode is termed, “synchronous mode.” If you use a higher frequency, you’re running is so-called “asynchronous mode” which offers marginal speed advantages at the price of more heat and power consumption on a C2D/C2D Quad-based system for most users. Depending on your chipset, running in an asynchronous mode may require more vcores to some of your motherboard components such as the NB, IHC, and/or FSB Termination.
You can calculate these yourself with this formula:
1. DRAM Final Clockrate = (2 x FSB)/Divider “</I>
?? Lol ehh anyone?:p

??:DRAM command rate: [Auto] Where do I see my DRAM command rate? @CPU-Z? [1T] or [2T]?
DRAM Timing control: Manual
??CAS# Latency: [5 DRAM Clocks]
??RAS# to CAS# Delay: [5 DRAM Clocks]
??RAS# Precharge: [5 DRAM Clocks]
??RAS# Active Time: [active to precharge] [16 DRAM Clocks]

Now, I thought my latency was different... But I learned that you can calculate it:
Kingston 2x2GB DDR2 SDRAM PC8500 CL7.0 HyperX - it has 1066 MHz.
1066 MHz / 2 = 533 ~ 5, so the first 3 values are 5. CAS# Latency, RAS# to CAS# Delay and RAS# Precharge.
For the RAS# Active Time, you need to add the 533 with the max MHz 1066, which becomes 1599 - 16. So RAS# Active Time: 16. Is this right?

As for the voltages: (OR should I let them @ auto???)
??Memory Voltage – <I>“Read the specs for your memory. My DIMMS can use up to 2.2v. You can damage your memory if you overvolt it.”</I> What memory? Where can I read it…?
??VCORE[a.k.a. CPU?] Voltage: [auto] What should I change this in? 1.2625? The Q6600 is between 0.85 – 1.5V.
??FSB Termination Voltage:[auto] And this? 1.42?
??DRAM Voltage: [auto] This depends on my RAM? How much it requires, well I don’t know…
??North Bridge Voltage: [auto] No idea.. [1.41]?
??South Bridge Voltage: [auto] Dunno.. [1.150]? I’ve watched a tutorial on youtube so that’s for guessing the numbers : )

The marks with the ??’s, can someone recommend me those? The rest is fine I guess.. Yeah.. I’m a newbie sorry ;)