Q6600 Overclocking help!

BigBear37

Reputable
Mar 16, 2015
Heys guys! I want to overclock my old q6600 cpu to get the most out of it before I retire it in a few weeks. But the option to change the clock speed is greyed out in my bios. Is there anything I can try to unlock it or can I use software to overclock instead? I have a eg31m motherboard that came inside a m5630 acer prebuilt.

Solution
IF the option is greyed out it means that this option is not available with your current motherboard (+bios?) I have 2 builds with the Q6600. One of them came in a prebuilt Fujitsu Siemens and it can't tbe OC'ed. The other is on another MoBo (I can't remember which one it is) and it can be OC'ed. This leads us to the conclusion : Prebuilt Computers dont allow us to OC the CPU's. Hope i helped you!

FlyiNgBaNNana

Reputable
Nov 1, 2015
IF the option is greyed out it means that this option is not available with your current motherboard (+bios?) I have 2 builds with the Q6600. One of them came in a prebuilt Fujitsu Siemens and it can't tbe OC'ed. The other is on another MoBo (I can't remember which one it is) and it can be OC'ed. This leads us to the conclusion : Prebuilt Computers dont allow us to OC the CPU's. Hope i helped you!

Solution

BigBear37

Reputable
Mar 16, 2015

so is it still possible to overclock with software or is that also not an option?

FlyiNgBaNNana

Reputable
Nov 1, 2015

You cant Overclock . As far as i know there is no software for CPU overclocking. If there is one i wouldnt suggest overclocking it cause it may damage your system. the CPU is quite powerful as it is. For what purpose do you want the CPU?