q6600 problems with stability

ilic.veljko94

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017
Hi,
I m having a problem overclocking my old q6600 2.4ghz.

My specs are:

motherboard: asus striker II formula
ram: 6gb ddr2
upgraded zalman cpu cooler (idle cpu temps are about 27°C)

BIOS is phoenix-awardbios v6, so it is showing fsb for all cores (ex. 333x4 cores= 1333), and not for a single core. I ve tried different multipliers, only x6 and x9 lasted for more than 5mins, and i couldnt get it to be stable. I was hoping for 3.0ghz

I ve left my vcore and memory voltage to [auto], and i ve tried different fsb:mem ratios but none seemd to work. Every time i tried to select specific voltage (ex. 1,325 for my vcore), pc wouldnt boot, so i had to reset my bios and start over.

So, i m asking u guys to help me out with voltages and fsb:mem ratios for this hardware and this (i would say shitty) bios for overclock.

ilic.veljko94

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017

since i want to oc my cpu to 3.0ghz, i ve set my fsb qdr to 1333 (4 cores x 333 fsb), x9 miltiplier. later, i ve tried adjusting ram memory. i first tried setting it to 1333mhz, didnt work. then i tried lowering it to 800mhz and i didnt work aswell...

i ve also adjusted things like C1E, speedstep, etc. as recommended in this guide.
volteges are left to [auto], since my monitor wont turn on everytime i try to higher/lower voltages of my cpu/ram.

depending on bios settings, my pc sometimes gives me blue screen (usualy 20 sec after i boot), but most of the time it keeps on running, but my monitor turns off (like my gpu is disconnected). does it have to do something with my gpu settings?

TRENDING THREADS