falcodakrzz

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008
Hi

Ive been having problems with my CPU temperatures. I have never overclocked, or anything like that, yet my temps seem very high. Heres my system:

Q6600 CPU
3GB 800mhz RAM
Asus maximus formula
8800gts 640mb
Vista
and a freezer pro 7 cpu coolers

38788725hf7.jpg

This is when running internet explorer, my virus protection etc. When gaming I think all the cores go to around 65C.

Any help/ideas would be great.

Thanks

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 7 uses the horrible push pin design, which have been found to not be fully inserted at times.

Double check your HSF push pins. I know this for a fact, since I have helped friends build their systems using that same HSF, and yes, a few did not push the pins completely.

If there was one thing I can say was bad about the AC Freezer Pro 7, it would be the push pin design, that's for sure.

uguv

Distinguished
As the others said, make sure the hsf is mounted correctly. The temps you're showing are very high for a stock speed Q6600, even if it's not a G0 revision (unless of course your room is about 100F or something).

Mondoman

Splendid
ds is wrong. Those temps *are* too high and the Freezer 7 Pro is a fine cooler.
1) Proper mounting with the 4-pin system requires that the MB be *outside* the case, so you can support the holes as you push through the pins. You also need to make sure that the pins are each fully turned in the direction *opposite* the arrow. See this for more details: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/194385-31-part-assembly#t1184072
2) Make sure the CPU cooler fan is turning! (not disconnected, broken, etc)
3) Make sure the heatsink fins are not clogged with dust/lint.
4) Did temps start to be a problem when you installed the graphics card? That's a very hot graphics card, so you might need better case ventilation with that in there.