Q6600 Revision 66 ???

u2vini

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2007
Hi all,

i bought what was suppouse to be a Q600 SLACR and the first thing i did was to check if that was true.

I need some help in figure it out!

The Prod Code in the box tends to tell me is not a SLACR, it says: BX80562Q6600SL9UM.

Then i check with the latest CPU-Z and the Intel Processor identification utility, but even when the CPUZ tells me is a B3 (yes..frag!), the Intel utility tells me Revision 66? is a new revision or i'm screw with a B3?

EDIT: Also, the Batch is L726B582, is that old or new? ;)

cnumartyr

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007

Just get one from ClubIT.com

Guarenteed G0. Even though all the B3s should be gone from places like Newegg, etc.

u2vini

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2007
I got it from DirectCanada.com, i can not post links, but if you search for Q6600 is going to be the only one with the following description.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Quad Core Processor LGA775 Kentsfield 2.40GHZ 1066FSB 8MB Retail Box SLACR.

Now, the funny thing is that i just went to the site to get the description and they removed the SLACR (because i mail them yesterday complaining) ;)

I didnt get an answer yet, i will call them today to see ;( In any case, my invoice has the SLACR, so they are screw!

u2vini

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2007
MrsBytch, i think i mostly angry because the fact i worried about getting the right stepping and they said it was the one and i finally didint get that! :)
I agree, at the end i'm getting more than what i "should", but come one! :)

Ironnads, what i understand the difference is that stepping 0 overclocks more due it consumes less power, uses less vcore so the heat is less. (please someone correct me if i'm wrong).

cnumartyr

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007
Most B3's still overclock to 3ghz. Dont me mad cause you didnt get more than you paid for.

Fact 1) He ordered an SLACR and got an SL9UM. I'd say he got screwed.

Fact 2) G0 stepping SLACRs are actually a touch cheaper most places than SL9UM B3s.

Fact 3) G0 is cooler and overclocks higher.

Don't try to tell someone to be happy with an order because they didn't get what they ordered.

cnumartyr

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007
Well I dont know who he had this agreement with that he was getting a SLACR, but everyone who's done it knows its a 50/50. Your still getting more than you paid for with the overclock. Be happy.

I assume you speak from experience.

When a website says Q6600 SLACR I would say there is a reasonable expectation that it's a guarenteed SLACR Q6600 and not an SL9UM. Obviously the website didn't follow through on this.

Also 50/50? No, it's really not anymore.. As an example most B3s are gone from bulk sellers like Newegg. Not a ton left. However, I did get a guarenteed G0 from ClubIT. Tankguys will also guarentee a G0. It shouldn't be a chance when a website says "SLACR." That's a guarentee. Had I gotten a B3 from ClubIT I would be angry, and rightfully so. It would have also been returned and they would be paying for shipping, period.

vertigo_2000

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
I've had no problems dealing with DirectCanada.com. I'm sure you can get it replaced if you so choose if/when you explain everything.

You shouldn't have any problems.

u2vini

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2007
cnumartyr, you are right, if they sell me a SLACR, they should give me a SLACR!

I started a RMA return and they approved it, the only side down is that i need to pay for the shipping(w/ tracking and insurance), so i will call them tomorrow since the RMA process was by email! ;)

mrmez

Splendid
Hahahaha u got a SLUM (as i call it) B3
They aint bad tho, i got one. Runs 2.7Ghz @ 1.15v (bios)

Still... the G0/SLACR ARE a better chip, and if thats what u ordered, thats what u should get.

Im sure its just a mixup (or they are trying to get rid of old stock), either way contact the place u got it from and tell them to sort it out.

Thats ANOTHER reason why i still like buying from 'the shop down the road'...
A) U can check for that kind of stuff BEFORE u hand over cash
B) If there are any dramas its just a short drive and few minutes to get it sorted.

cnumartyr

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007

I love my down the road shop but prices were a good $50-60 over ClubIT when I ordered it. The guy who works at the "down the road" shop guarenteed me a G0 about a week after they had come out. They are just a bit too pricey for me. He also has let me (in the past) scrummage through all their stock looking for certain batch numbers.

TRENDING THREADS