[SOLVED] Q6600 Works bad/slow

Dubkiss

Commendable
Jan 26, 2021
Hello,i just overclocked my Q6600 to 2.80Ghz but Windows says my CPU at stress test run only on 2.35Ghz
what do i wrong ? is 1.28V too much for processor ? , did i damaged the CPU ?
what should i do now ? CPU STRESS TEST here is screenshot.

Solution
Hey there,

So it looks like you decreased the multiplier to 8x and increased the FSB from 266mhz to 353mhz?

You're better off trying 9 x 333 fsb to get 3ghz. Pumping the fsb that high can cause issues, unless on a quality LGA775 mobo from back in the day. And you have a GO stepping CPU, so you can go up to 1.3v pretty easily. So, set your fsb at 333 and multiplier to 9, and 1.3v for vcore and reboot.

Don't use windows performance tab to look at your CPU speeds, use HWMon/Info to see what your max/min usage is. It will help better understand what your CPU is doing in terms of clockspeed.
Hey there,

So it looks like you decreased the multiplier to 8x and increased the FSB from 266mhz to 353mhz?

You're better off trying 9 x 333 fsb to get 3ghz. Pumping the fsb that high can cause issues, unless on a quality LGA775 mobo from back in the day. And you have a GO stepping CPU, so you can go up to 1.3v pretty easily. So, set your fsb at 333 and multiplier to 9, and 1.3v for vcore and reboot.

Don't use windows performance tab to look at your CPU speeds, use HWMon/Info to see what your max/min usage is. It will help better understand what your CPU is doing in terms of clockspeed.

Solution

Dubkiss

Commendable
Jan 26, 2021
Hey there,

Yeah,i didnt check the multiplier, now im using 3GHz

Great. Watch your temps. Stress test and as long as your CPU temps don't go over 80c you are good.

If you get a lot lower than 80c, like maybe low 70's, you can try decrease the voltage a notch at a time, and test again. You may be able to get the voltage lower than 1.3v.

If you are happy with the answer you can close the thread by selecting the answer as the solution.

Good luck!

Dubkiss

Commendable
Jan 26, 2021
Great. Watch your temps. Stress test and as long as your CPU temps don't go over 80c you are good.

If you get a lot lower than 80c, like maybe low 70's, you can try decrease the voltage a notch at a time, and test again. You may be able to get the voltage lower than 1.3v.

If you are happy with the answer you can close the thread by selecting the answer as the solution.

Good luck!
working on 3.2GHz on 1.28v and reaching higher 60°C

TRENDING THREADS