q9550 cpu temp

aronr

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2008
Hi,

I have a q9550 2.83Ghz cpu (not oc) and im getting an idle temp of around 51 degrees idle after a few hours. At load im gettting just over 60 degrees. The motherboard is set to beep if it reaches 70. Both the cpu and my BFG 8800gtx oc2 are watercooled with a Thermaltake 760i liquid cooling system. The reason i don't want any fans is that the only fan i have in the system is on the radiator and i like it to be quiet.

I was wondering whether these temperatures are concerning and whether they will effect the lifespan of my machine?

Any help will be highly appreciated,

Aron

sailer

Splendid
A loaded temp of 60c is fine. I'd personally like a few degrees less, but I'm picky about temps. At your present temps, there should be no loss of lifespan. If you want a cooler temp, you might increase the size of the radiator, or possibly add a fan to the radiator, or both.

falcodakrzz

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008
If thats a cpu temp of 60, then that is very high (cores up in the 70s) if its core temps, then its just a tad high. And yes, they will affect the lifespan of your machine, but not noticably as you wont be using it in a few years anyway.