samod

Distinguished
May 10, 2008
hi! recently i got q9550 E0 to replace the old q6600. the cpu is working well, but the temps are too strange:\

core0 45
core1 39
core2 36
core3 36

the differce between core 0 to core 1 and 2/3 is too large. the cpu is not overclocked, and it's a TMG IA1 cooler on it.

tried the following thins: reseated the cooler, AS5, voltages, different bioses (wich support q9550).. nothing helped to resolve the problem. even if i rise/drop voltage the temp difference between the cores remains the same.

should i rma it?

The CPU is on striker ii formula with ocz 4gb pc8500.

thank u for help

starams5

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009
I'll pass thank you, but you're not doing that bad. My air cooled rig is about the same depending on the ambient. My solution for the high NB temps is to ignore it. When the board goes it goes, never liked it much anyway.

I was aiming at the OP who seems to be whining about a 45c temp on one core whilst the others are barely above freezing, mine don't go that low even with the power off!, and if this rig proves as sturdy as my old Pentium II rig it's only going to die due to some gratuitously applied violence (about Westmere time perhaps).

Heh heh, using some mathematical ramblings that were being bandied about a couple of days ago I'm only 5 and regressing nicely ta v.much. :lol:

samod

Distinguished
May 10, 2008
from the real temp documentation i understood that the sensors of cores 2-3 are stuck.
is it enough reason to rma it?

Could be worth a try if it bothers you that much, just try not to get your hopes up that way you won't get too upset if you get told to shove it where the sun don't shine.

starams5

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009
Ya, if you RMA the chip and get another one chances are you'll have the same temps. I don't stress over the small things, if your board is stable let it rip.