Q9550 speed slower than stock speed

Aug 10, 2018
My motherboard is biostar g41d3b ver 6.0 I have recently upgraded to this cpu from my old e5700 dual core but the problem is that the q9550 is not working on stock speed it's like 2.83ghz and it's actual speed that's now showing is 2550.0 Mhz x 8.5 multiplier my motherboard support FSB 1333 then what is the issue here I have changed my fan with better one, bios setting is normal. Actually one thing that left to say is that I used thermal paste that I got with cpu cooler is that the reason for this please.. help.. and my cpu cooler is (antec A30)

Solution
I suggest you run a quick test with Prime95 and Check Core Frequenzy with CPU-Z and Temperature with Coretemp or HWINFO64.
The cpu doenst go into full turbo it there is no need for it and prime95 will force full power. Coretemp is to make sure that your cpu isnt thermal throtteling due to high temperatures.
Task-Manager is not a good option to read CPU-Freq. :D
I suggest you run a quick test with Prime95 and Check Core Frequenzy with CPU-Z and Temperature with Coretemp or HWINFO64.
The cpu doenst go into full turbo it there is no need for it and prime95 will force full power. Coretemp is to make sure that your cpu isnt thermal throtteling due to high temperatures.
Task-Manager is not a good option to read CPU-Freq. :D

Solution