Q9550 with gtx 750 ti

Nov 26, 2018
Hello i have a intel q9550
8gb of ddr3 ram 1333mhz
500w power supply and
currently a radeon r7 240.
I am thinking of upgrading to gtx 750 ti 2gb.Can you guys give me other cards recommendations and also upgrades?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
GTX1050 would be a little faster. Depends on what you are paying. GTX950, GTX960, RX560, GTX1050Ti are also options.

I think you've taken that system as far as it is going to go before needing a complete overhaul. You can pick up used business PCs with Haswell chips in them quite reasonably. I've seen several i7-4790 complete systems for under $300 quite regularly.

Nov 26, 2018

Well first of all thank you for replying so quickly after posting my thread.I am not willing to spend more than 100 dollars or euros on a card becouse this system is my brother ones and he just needs better performance on games.I have maxed out cpu ram and hdd on my mobo.The only thing left is the gpu.As for the buisness PCs thank you for that reccomondation but the reason why i am not buying one is becouse in my country they have a lot of problems or issues(mobo,cpu,capacitors,resistors).So 750ti will be my best bet you say?

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
What GPU you can upgrade to really depends on your motherboard and if it is UEFI compliant. Modern GPU's do not support Legacy BIOS and a LGA775 is right in that transition time.

Provided you have a UEFI BIOS you could easily run any GPU made in the last 10 years but realistically a 1060 6gb/RX 590 or below would be ideal. If you have a Legacy BIOS then a 750 TI would be the best newer card usable and later 600 Series Nvidia or AMD R9's would be the fastest.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
GTX 750Ti isn't a bad choice for under a $100, but for about $120 you can get a lot more performance. If you can still find them anyway, more or less sold out in the US. You'll want to keep an eye out for scams though, lot or counterfeit cards out there.

AMD cards tend to have better backwards compatibility. There are several models of RX560 out there with varying performance levels (thanks AMD), so you might find one that is relatively cheap. You can also look at RX550.

GT1030 might also work, just make sure you can return it.