Question Q9650 overheating?

Mohamedoio914

Prominent
Jan 16, 2020
Hi,
I'm playing pubg mobile on high settings on my q9650 cpu
After 2 hours the temp became 78 and the pc closed the game,is it normal?
Thanks for answering

Mohamedoio914

Prominent
Jan 16, 2020
While 78C is a bit toasty, I wouldn't expect that temp to cause a game shutdown.
Did the game suddenly send you back to the desktop and close?
List your system specs please.
No i the only thing was closed was the game page and game loop was stand still
My pc: 6gb ram ddr3
Q9650
Hd 7570

The system you have in hands is a bit old (CPU date from 2008, GPU from 2012), maybe all you need is an internal full system clean (all heatsinks, fans, cables, in short the whole cae and components). After that, if its still close the game ,then you may need to re-paste CPU and/or GPU. If the thermal paste is dry it wont transfer heat efficiently and thus it gets hotter than it should.

Also depending on the PC Case and how hot is your room temp, you may need to add more case fans.

But yeah keep in mind that youre dealing with components that have some good years on thier back.

Be sure to ask someone with expertise to help you out cleaning the PC if you never done it before. And always turn OFF the PC and unplug it from the wall outlet before touching anything!!!

Cheers!

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
No i the only thing was closed was the game page and game loop was stand still
My pc: 6gb ram ddr3
Q9650
Hd 7570
I wonder if the issue is the game itself?
I'd run CCleaner and do the Clean and Registry portions both to eliminate most software conflicts. Then run Malwarebytes to be sure there isn't some poorly written crapware conflicting with the game. Then try the game again.

bohemond1099

Reputable
Oct 6, 2019
Hi,
I'm playing pubg mobile on high settings on my q9650 cpu
After 2 hours the temp became 78 and the pc closed the game,is it normal?
Thanks for answering

It's not categorically a heat issue; and 78C should not be an issue. It could be a game issue or even a driver issue. How many times has this happened? Is your Q9650 overclocked and if so have you tried with no overclock?