Question QHD monitor only displaying at 2048 x 1080 ?

Mar 25, 2021
Hi guys,

I recently picked up a 27" Dell S2721D QHD. When it's connected to my laptop via USB-C to dual HDMI adaptor to the thunderbolt port, it displays correctly at 2560x1440.

The problem comes when I try to set up my 2nd monitor which is a 27" Asus VZ279 FHD. The resolution for the Dell QHD maxes out at 2048x1080.

My video card is onboard Intel HD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with Max-Q Design. I have tried downloading Dell drivers for their monitor and updating NVIDIA and Intel drivers. I also tried to uninstall all graphics drivers and installed a clean slate. I also have a Lenovo T14 laptop that I tried to connect, same issue.

Any thoughts on what might be the problem? The USB-C to dual HDMI adaptor is rated at 4k 60hz.

Thanks guys.

Dave

Mar 25, 2021
I'm guessing that it cannot display at 2 different resolutions. If you had dual 1440p both would be at the correct resolution. However, mixing resolutions on a single adapter is where things get wonky.
Thanks for the reply. You were right with the adaptor. I guess HDMI adaptors weren't ideal for the situation.

I ended up getting a different adaptor, usb-c to HDMI and display port. That solved the problem.

Thanks man.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts