Qi enabled LG G4 won't charge wirelessly.

spartin18815

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015
Today I got a NeWisdom Qi charging chip for my LG G4. I also got a choetech Qi charging pad that uses a solid blue LED to indicate when the phone is lined up. When I put the phone with the chip installed on the pad the LED turns on, but the phone doesn't say it is charging. I tried this a few times after restarting the phone with no luck. After that I tried checking if it would show the light when I only put the back panel of the phone on the charger, but it doesnt.

This makes it seem like the,phone is refusing the charge, but to my knowledge I don't know why it would.

Any help or ideas?

spartin18815

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015
Apparently it was power supply. I tried it in two outlets earlier with different connectors, one below recommend volts, the other above. The lower voltage connector didn't give any solid Blue. The second one did, but it was an odd voltage and was in a cigarette lighter. The third I used just now is a wall plating with usb slots in it, and it works.

(I don't know how to marked solved on this forum, but it seems to be solved.)

_0skar0skar_

Reputable
Nov 12, 2015
I have got the same problem. My wireless charging statione makes a sound when it found a device, what it really does. but my phone wont charge and the screen goes crazy. It just starts doing what it wants.