QNAP TS-453A NAS Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confusias1

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
"We found the QNAP TS-453A available from several online resellers for $60." Please tell me where this reseller is....

Confusias1

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016

I am quite aware of what I read, my comment was accurate. The article has since been corrected.

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
I wish QNAP would just sell their Nas OS with Visualization Features.

I wanna build a skylake DDR4 nas, with their top flight os on top, but its a pipe dream. Their upcoming skylake ddr4 nas's are coming out in a few months but even the i3 version will costs $1500 diskless I guarantee it.

Well that explains it. I guess I read it all after it was corrected. Cheers!.

Confusias1

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
I wish QNAP would just sell their Nas OS with Visualization Features.

I wanna build a skylake DDR4 nas, with their top flight os on top, but its a pipe dream. Their upcoming skylake ddr4 nas's are coming out in a few months but even the i3 version will costs $1500 diskless I guarantee it.

That would indeed be awesome. There are several NAS manufacturers that I would love to be able to install on top of my own hardware. I'd even consider a software licensing fee to be able to use QNAP's or Synology's OS... It'll only take one to start doing it and the rest will follow.

Confusias1

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016

Awesome, now if only I were savvy enough to compile a build from source... My *nix skills is that area are rather lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.