Question QoS Packet Scheduler on or off ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

manolis kokotsakis

Honorable
Mar 9, 2019
Oh god, another go-around of this?

OP has a strange, long-term obsession with tinkering with his Windows install and breaking it chasing mythical performance gains. Let's try and not be enablers.
I dont understand your comment. Gamers, smartphone cameras, cores on CPUs, and much more , are not long-term obsession ?
I think thats the use of a forum, for people to learn and solve problems.

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Titan
I dont understand your comment. Gamers, smartphone cameras, cores on CPUs, and much more , are not long-term obsession ?
I think thats the use of a forum, for people to learn and solve problems.

It's a problem you made up. We have a constant stream of posts in which you are determined to mess up Windows for benefits you imagined.

In one year, I count 13 different threads you started trying to get advice on doing something you do not have the knowledge to be doing. I have two herniated discs in my back, which certainly is a problem; but I don't spam a medical forum with post after post for advice on performing surgery on my own back with a pair of scissors and a whole lot of bandages.

Last edited:
Reactions: ex_bubblehead

manolis kokotsakis

Honorable
Mar 9, 2019
It's a problem you made up. We have a constant stream of posts in which you are determined to mess up Windows for benefits you imagined.

In one year, I count 13 different threads you started trying to get advice on doing something you do not have the knowledge to be doing. I have two herniated discs in my back, which certainly is a problem; but I don't spam a medical forum with post after post for advice on performing surgery on my own back with a pair of scissors and a whole lot of bandages.

I dont think is the same as you said. I just like to learn new things about software and hardware functionality. I dont want use yours, or anyones time, with no reason.I dont know a lot about computers and i try learn. Thats all.

About your back. Use the Mc Kenzie Method. the possibility to fix your problem with your herniated discs are more than 95% and after keep it in that level. If you find a Mc Kenzie therapist, and cant fix you in 3-4 days, its not the Technique wrong, is the Therapist. Find another one.
I dont know which is your country . Wherever you live, go here and find a doctor who have special education from the McKeznie institute from New Zeland.

Listen my advice on that. Inform me if anything go wrong. But it will not. I promise you.

USAFRet

Titan
I dont think is the same as you said. I just like to learn new things about software and hardware functionality. I dont want use yours, or anyones time, with no reason.I dont know a lot about computers and i try learn. Thats all.
The problem is, that you keep asking about turning off things within the WIndows subsystem, without knowing what they do, in an effort to get better performance.

I can pretty much guarantee that my system (specs below) is running better than yours is. And without all that messing around.

All the things you've asked about over the months are easily found.
What is this for...what is that for...I turned this off...

But eventually it leads to you having a system that no longer works.
We've been down that road before.
With the eventual recommendation/necessity of a fresh install, and "Leave it alone"

Colif

Win 11 Master
Have you been asking similar questions of forums for about 2 years now? I found this one and it sure seems familiar
its clear the problem isn't going anywhere.
software isn't the problem. Stopping all of it is not going to answer your problem.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...74600u-processor-4m-cache-up-to-3-30-ghz.html is problem. 2 cores and 4 threads can only juggle so much. Closing things you don't think you need just makes them slower to actually start if windows does need them. You are fighting against progress. Most programs assume you have more cores than you do.

Nothing wrong with wanting to know what things do :)

I would give you a list of all the services and their descriptions if one existed... I am sure there is one but whether its free is another thing. There was a site you used to be able to use but it hasn't been updated in 3 years.

Reactions: manolis kokotsakis
Status
Not open for further replies.