QOTD: What Speakers Do You Use for Your PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Logitech Z-5500 ftw

paired with Auzentech prelude sound card

antiacid

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
I used to have 4.0 altec lansing (from the early 2000's) and recently moved to a pair of Polk Audio rti a9 and eD a2-300 sub for 2.1 sound system plugged into a Yamaha rx-v663 through optic cable (the sound card is a fatal1ty x-fi). Soon there'll be a pari of rti a3 for the rears and a csi a6 for the center channel. That should last me a while ;)

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
Altec Lansing. Hey, it's a laptop... I gots no choice! That said... for a laptop, they sound ok. 4 speakers + subwoofer... no, I don't rattle the walls, but it's adequate for what I do.

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
I use my old amp and speakers from the 5.1 surround setup I used to have in my lounge. Its nothing special and was an all-in-one kit (Sony HT-6500D) about six years ago but the sound qualities good. I only use the front three speakers and the sub though.

When I needed new speakers for my computer I figured I'd rather put the money towards a really nice new kit for the lounge.

MoUsE-WiZ

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
Speakers? I use a headset. I blame the growing popularity of vent for this; people with speakers are annoying on vent, nobody wants to hear your game sounds.

G

I have some awesome JBL Near-Field monitors. Kind of over kill for a computer, but essential for a music studio.

G

Creative SoundBlaster Live 24-Bit external tied to my toshiba tablet, piping the audio out to a Sharp stereo reciever with two Yorx S57 speakers (40w per channel) and a Pioneer 10in 100w subwoofer.

ryaninomaha

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
Logitech G51 5.1---155 watts of audio bliss. Picked them up off Newegg last year and I've been rocking out ever since. They do very well at near max valume w/ no distortion. I mostly listen to Mp3's but do a fair amount of gaming as well. Good times.

xnem3s1sx

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
I use a Samsung home theater system, the HT-DB600, its 500W, and 5.1, and I love it, though i need to get a sound card with a on chip DTS compressor for optical...

A Stoner

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
[citation][nom]Agg[/nom]Seriously? Does a Question of the Day benefit ANYONE at all?!?![/citation]
I like them. I get to see what other people think, or use.

I use Klipsch 5.1, although, because of house moving, they are really 3.1 with the rear speakers sitting just in front of the front speakers.

My wife has Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers and she likes them very much.

I ahve to admit that I am not an audiophile person and would not be able to determine if sound had a slight bias in any direction.

I'm deaf in one ear. I appreciate the base of a subwoofer, so I've got a $50-$60 2.1 setup. I also use a mono headset, especially if my wife is watching TV in the room, and it also works well on Teamspeak.

aalkema

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
Altec Lansing VS4121 2.1, and an older RCA 2.1 Stereo with Amp, both hooked up to my computer.

Great sound for our dorm room... and the rest of the hallway.

mactruck

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
My HTPC (7.1) has a Creative X-Fi Music connected to a Harmon Kardon AVR235 feeding 7 Polk M-series speakers and a 150w Sony sub. My gaming rig uses either Logitech G51 speakers or a Sennheiser headset depending on the game/onlookers. I'm still waiting for the day my neighbors call the cops after hearing both PCs playing Left 4 Dead :)

G

Moonsoon MM-702 2.1 Flat panel. These sounded awesome (they still do!)
I plan on using they until they die. Too bad the company is out of business. I'll never quite understand why that happened....

djtronika

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
ugh. i feel sorry for whoever uses "computer speakers".

i use Delta 1010lt for sound card. B52 Matrix 2000 speaker system. if i am producing music i switch to my KRK Rokit 6 (white special editions) with KRK 10" subwoofer. numark mixer simply for input and volume selections.

peace!

smartel7070

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
I used Creative 5300 (5.1 kit) for a couple of years. They had ok sound. Last year upgraded to Logitech g51. I don't want to offend anyone but for me they were total crap. The only thing they were good at was games.

I listen to a lot of music on my comp (mp3's, flac's, cd's) so I need speakers that do a good job.

Now I have 2 TAO monitor speakers (rs21m) plugged into a stereo amp and this setup is amazing.

When gaming I plug in my MBQuart studio headphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.