QOTD: What's Your Favorite PC Game of All Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartel7070

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
Without a doubt it's Half Life. I still enjoy playing it once in a while. It was a ground breaking game .... nothing like it before and everybody wanted to copy it after it was out.

Other notable games to mention (meaning I spent many hours playing)are Quake2, Half Life 2, Fallout 3, Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed.

califflash

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Starsiege: Tribes, the original, all the way.

Its what got me into FPS. The graphics were terrible by today's standards, but the gameplay was fantastic and I think is still better than many games that come out. I believe there are still master servers up and people still play it over ten years later.

KyleSTL

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
X-Wing (and by extension B-Wing, Tie Fighter), FF VII, Starcraft, original Warcraft, Oregon Trail (for obvious reasons). So many favorites of yore, hard to name only one.

lancelot123

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
It changes all the time, but the first thing to pop in my head right now is Super Mario RPG for the SNES. Come on Nintendo!! Let Square make a sequel!!!

t2couger

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2006
I was and still am a Tribes 2 and Mechwarrior fanboy not many other games compare to lvl or creativity and playability of those 2 titles.

hercules

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2008
I am glad you said PC as i only really started pc gaming 3 years ago. One of my fav games was AVP2 that game rocked! But cod4 takes the FPS cake...Warcarft 3 takes the FTS cake... But right now Warhammer online has to be my fav game of all time for the PC I have been doing some serious hours on it!

ethaniel

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2005
Tough question, but the first game that pops up in my mind is Neverwinter Nights, plus the expansions (Underdark is fantastic, period). But Tuan, you pick "Flashback" over "Out of This World"? That's a tough one too. I was never able to finish Flashback, always died in the reactor mission...

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
[citation][nom]chris13th[/nom]Tribes 2...dang, i forgot about that game. I played that game 'til my eyes bleeded. on multiple occasions.[/citation]
Indeed.

I need to reinstall it...

w00t.

G

Hmmm, the image at the top of the article looks like Jurrasic Park for the Sega Megadrive.

My favourite game of all time is Grim Fandango by LucasArts.

Status
Not open for further replies.