Quad Channel Asus MoBo ?

Oct 13, 2018
I'm planning to build a PC and i've pretty much decided all the components except the MoBo:

CPU: I7-8086K (or 8700K)
GPU: ROG 2080Ti O11G
OS/SSD: Optane 905p
Game/SSD: Samsung 970Pro M.2
Data/HDD: FireCuda 3.5"
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200 c16 4x16Gb

I will use this PC with almost everything (Work/Data/Games) and i want it to last very long so i won't OC it

Since i'm planning to get a 4x16gb ram kit i want to have a Quad channel MoBo but all Asus ROG MoBos i found were Dual Channel

Can anyone help suggest a Quad Channel Asus MoBo (best one for long lasting) ?! if you have one in mind but it isn't released yet i don't mind waiting since i won't build the pc soon (at least not the next 6 months)

Solution
The processor architecture/memory controller supports dual channel only. If you really want quad channel, you're going to have to look at the X299(Intel) or X399(AMD) platform. Regardless, the ram kit you've chosen will drop into any Z370 board. Speaking of boards, how much have you allocated towards the motherboard? You could look into the Z270-G if you want something in a smaller form factor. On that note, what case are you going to drop all those parts in?

Out of curiosity, are you from the U.A.E? If so I was born and brought up there ;)

Lutfij

Titan
The processor architecture/memory controller supports dual channel only. If you really want quad channel, you're going to have to look at the X299(Intel) or X399(AMD) platform. Regardless, the ram kit you've chosen will drop into any Z370 board. Speaking of boards, how much have you allocated towards the motherboard? You could look into the Z270-G if you want something in a smaller form factor. On that note, what case are you going to drop all those parts in?

Out of curiosity, are you from the U.A.E? If so I was born and brought up there ;)

Solution
Oct 13, 2018

such a shame, i was really looking for an Asus Quad Channel MoBo
Actually, few weeks back i was thinking of an x299 MoBo with i9-7960x but i was utterly disappointed with the low frequency :pfff: (they are only good when being OCed and i don't plan on doing so)
if there is no Quad channel Asus MoBo i don't mind using other brand if possible !! :(

i will be using my current case (Carbide 500R)
i bought my current cheap PC from a friend (used) who suddenly wanted to switch to apple :lol:, but most of the components are barely keeping up and few parts are from brand i've never heard of (example: the GPU is GTX 770 from a brand called Galaxy.. i've never heard of galaxy before :??:)

yes my friend, I'm from UAE ;) nice to meet you

Oct 13, 2018

I forgot to mention, i have no limited allowance for the MoBo since i won't be getting them at least in the next 6 months, right now i'm just planning ahead to see how much i need to save, that's why i won't mind paying extra bucks for a High-end MoBo that will last me very long

I've been intensively researching since yesterday and I've given up on a Quad channel Mobo, right now i'm conflicted between the ROG Maximus XI and ROG Z390
there are many models for each Mobo and its confusing me
Maximus XI: Code/Extreme/Formula/Gene/Hero
Z390: E/F/H

I need help to clarify this and some recommendations !!
Keep in mind that I won't need neither WiFi Nor Bluetooth but it should at least have a PS/2 Port

Lutfij

Titan
The lower the order you go for the board's nomenclature, the smaller the footprint and with it, some compromises. I personally prefer smaller footprint systems which is why I look at matx or mitx builds more often then not. The Strix range of boards are a cheaper version of their ROG boards but retain some of their(ROG) functionality. The ROG range(read the Maximus/Rampage line-up) have all the high end features like quality components/chokes, better power delivery and little bits and bobs like that. The Hero is the lowest end of that tree in the ROG series. The H in the Strix series is the lowest end board.

FYI - if you look at the suffix letter denoting the Strix board's, it's the first letter corresponding to the ROG series. i.e Strix Z390-E where on the ROG you have the Maximus XI Extreme. Hope that clears things up, a little.

I can't guarantee which board has a PS/2 port on it since they will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Might I ask why you're limited peripheral connectivity to PS/2 port? USB driven peripherals are not an issue. To add, since you have an atx case, I'd ask that you look into an atx board in order to visually and physically fill up the case. It's pointless getting a matx/Gene board and dropping into a case as large as the 500R.

If 6 months from now is your goal, we're going to see some more boards come out+there might also be a need for revisions in the board/BIOS which, with all due respect, is something that would need you to keep saving money until the day of purchase comes. I can recommend something now but 6 months is a long way from now. Also, motherboard manufacturers are looking for ways to add more value to a board which is why you can't escape a high end board that has onboard WiFi and BT bundled int it's I/O panel or accessories box.

Oct 13, 2018

thanks for the information, i never knew that the Strix is actually cheaper version of ROG :/
and also, from what i understood about the suffix letter does that mean the z390-e is around the same level as Max.XI Extreme (letter E) but the Max.XI Code (letter C) is a higher level one since the letter is higher ?

That's because I use a wired keyboard with PS/2 connector which i'm very comfortable with and i want to continue using it, and if by any chance that something happens to the PC i know for sure 100% that the PS/2 port will always work

thanks for the advice, I've already know that i will get an atx board, i just added the matx/gene before to ask for the differences between the model, so you can relax ;)

thanks for the advice
yah, i've noticed that, every now and then new models comes out
the reason i'm planning ahead is that to know which component is compatible with what and which component doesn't fit in what board and so on, which will make it easier for later on when i finally decided the exact model i'm going to buy

on the other hand i need to get that I7-8086k ASAP even if i will shelf it till the actual build since as far as i know it's limited edtion.... OH THAT HIGH base frequency which is almost double the i9 :love: