[SOLVED] Quadro® RTX™ 5000 for laptop is not sold separately?

Apr 5, 2020
I thinking on buying a new workstation laptop thinking in the future to upgrade it with a Quadro® RTX™ 5000 GPU but from what I've managed to see online these gpu series are not sold separately. Am I right or just don't know where to look?

Solution
I thinking on buying a new workstation laptop thinking in the future to upgrade it with a Quadro® RTX™ 5000 GPU but from what I've managed to see online these gpu series are not sold separately. Am I right or just don't know where to look?
The GPU is soldered to the motherboard, so I suggest you buy a workstation with the Quadro RTX 5000 GPU since you won't be able to upgrade the GPU.
The GPU is soldered to the motherboard, so I suggest you buy a workstation with the Quadro RTX 5000 GPU since you won't be able to upgrade the GPU.

Solution

Static_FX

Honorable
Jul 29, 2016
Typically you cant upgrade the GPU as Jojesa said, but some companies make external GPU housing for just this purpose.. you would need to make sure your laptop can use it..
best scenario is to get the GPU you want build in...