[SOLVED] Quadro cards looking for bargain

joerack

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
I'm looking for an upgrade to my current gt 1030, and I might have found a bargain for a k4200 @ £120.
The price looks pretty decent, as a 1050 ti is over 200 quid

Could it be a viable option?

so far, the cons are 110w and no dx12 hw support.
Also, I'm concerned about the fact that it's a workstation card so maybe gaming intensive sessions would badly translate in inefficient cooling

<<MOD EDIT -- removed unnecessary link >>

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
It seems like a stripped down 680 and performs around a 660 which isn’t too great but you should see a big performance increase over the 1030 but for that price I wouldn’t buy it I do not know the market for you but that price for me would not be worth it. How much is an rx 460 for you specifically the hp version they are around 80 quid for my market they do perform a bit better and they are more power efficient and cheaper. I’m not saying you should get that card I’m just saying I don’t think you should get the quaddro but if you want to go for it.
Dec 21, 2021
It seems like a stripped down 680 and performs around a 660 which isn’t too great but you should see a big performance increase over the 1030 but for that price I wouldn’t buy it I do not know the market for you but that price for me would not be worth it. How much is an rx 460 for you specifically the hp version they are around 80 quid for my market they do perform a bit better and they are more power efficient and cheaper. I’m not saying you should get that card I’m just saying I don’t think you should get the quaddro but if you want to go for it.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS