[SOLVED] Quadro GP100 troubleshooting/help

elias444

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2012
Hey everyone. I work at a university, and today I saw a graphics card in the trash/refuse area in front of my building (there tend to be some very interesting things there). It turned out to be an Nvidia Quadro GP100 (crazy I know) so I grabbed it and took it home to test if it worked, as I just finished my 2nd computer build and have some concept of computer hardware. I tested it in the first machine I built (from around 2012/2013, I know, so old and slow, but it still works) to see if the machine would boot and if the card could display to a monitor. I connected to an old monitor via DVI, windows booted and there didn't appear to be any issues with display. I downloaded Geforce experience to install the drivers (which I am reading now may have been a mistake) and began the driver download and install without uninstalling the drivers for my old Radeon HD 7850 (maybe another mistake). During the installation the output to monitor was lost (I am aware this is standard) but it did not come back and so, thinking something had gone wrong, I turned off the machine. When I went to turn it back on it blue screened during the boot process with the error code VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (which I understand to be a driver issue) and now when I try and boot it up it opens windows repair, and then if I continue to windows, loses display to the monitor partway through the boot process. If I can get it working properly I will likely have many more questions about the card itself, but first things first: what would you who have much more experience than me do next to try and get the card working properly?

elias444

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2012
Thanks for the answer. I booted into safe mode, uninstalled both the old AMD and new Nvidia drivers using DDU and clean installed the new GP100 drivers. I then restarted the machine as prompted to finish installation but the monitor lost signal during the boot process. Any time I try and start it up it loses signal mid-boot, but everything seemed to run fine in safe mode. Any idea what's going on?