Question Quadro K5000 issue

Oct 11, 2019
Hello! I have 3 HP ZR30W monitors and one LG 4K TV connected to a Quadro K5000 GPU in my Dell T5600 workstation. The two display port connected monitors are working fine, as well as the TV, however the monitor connected to the DVI port is staying blank. It shows up in device manager, display properties and Nvidia control panel, as far as I know is detected properly, but displays just black. It wakes up from stand by mode when I turn on the PC, the display gets a bit brighter as if displaying pure black rather than being turned off but stays that way during boot and afterwards. I tried switching the ports, switching the monitors, tried two different brand new DVI cables, but nothing helped - the DVI connected monitor always didn't work. Any help will be much appreciated!

Just trying to figure out how the screens are attached. Are you using and adapters from DVI to something else?

HP ZR30W DP -> DP
HP ZR30W DP -> DP
LG 4K TV DVI- I or D-> to what
HP ZR30W DVI -I or D -> to what

DVI-I has the line with 4 pins around it, DVI-D only has the line

Oct 11, 2019
Thank you for the reply, I'm not using any adapters.

HP ZR30W DP -> DP
HP ZR30W DP -> DP
LG 4K TV HDMI-> DVI -I or D port (they both work fine) using HDMI to DVI-D cable
HP ZR30W DVI - D -> DVI -I or D port (they both do not work) using DVI-D to DVI-D cable.

Another thing I noticed - I can even adjust the brightness of the pure black displaying monitor through the HP Display Assistance, but it still won't display anything.

TRENDING THREADS