spikeysonic

Prominent
Jul 23, 2018
Quadro RTX 4000 8GB or Geforce EVGA 2080Ti 11GB Blower

For use with:

Rhino , Solidworks, Modo, 3D Studio Max, Maya, Mudbox, Z Brush, Vectorworks etc

Premier, After Effects, Nuke

V-Ray, Keyshot, Renderman, Maxwell Render, Encoder, Blender

I was going to go for the Quadro, it seems good enough but the salesman at Scan.co.uk suggested the 2980i

Looks faster but is the quadro notbetter with pro software?

r is the 2080 over priced over kill?

Looking at Ryzen 3900x or maybe Waiting for the 3950x

I was looking at 2950x or i9 9900x

64gb ddr4 RAM with speed dependant on processor and board at fast as safe to do so without processor damage

Nvo 970plus 1tb

Pair of 4tb seagate barracuda pro in a raid 1 pair.

Solution
For use with:

If those are your main areas of interest/focus, then getting a QUADRO GPU would be a much better option. If you don't have any plans to play Games on your PC, then a quadro GPU might better suit your needs, IMO.
For use with:

If those are your main areas of interest/focus, then getting a QUADRO GPU would be a much better option. If you don't have any plans to play Games on your PC, then a quadro GPU might better suit your needs, IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution

Architex_art

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
Hi sir. I might contribute with my personal opinion about this as i mainly work on architecture and archviz softwares to.
I am seeking for a new right so i am kind a fresh about this hardware / software specs relations.
About softwares first:
As you describe, you mainly use single core softwares for modeling. So, at this i say its better to have the better single core speed and a relation between this speed and more cores. I would say new ryzen 3900x or 3950x. Or wait for new threadrippers.

About rendering. As you now more cores, better, and less time wainting for renders to finish as interactive rendering os more responsive.

About GPUs.
Rhino works well under gtx and rtx gaming cards. I have a gtx 1080 a 2070 and a 2080 super. On rhino viewports you not feel the difference on rotating objects unless you have a lots of meshe objects. In this gaming cards are worst. I can say the old k2200 quadro handle this meshes like this cards. So for this if you have a lots of mesh objects and complex modeling scenes i have read on mcneel forum, some guy, that rtx 4000 was a breeze on this kind of work.
Solidworks is a industry software that have particular quadro drivers so quadros should be better.
3DS and Maya on specviewperf have 2080ti in first place of FPS results. But an rtx 4000 achieve 120 fps. If you think that 60 FPS is a normal standard for smoothly view so its a personal choice here.

Vectorworks is single core and you should search more about GPU on theirs website

Zbrush is a CPU task and ssd force.

The rest of other softwares i dont use, so please check their websites.

So, at the end of the day. If you do not game at all and it is just for work purposes i will choose with no regrets dor a RTX 4000. Better chips quality, better tempz. Single slot card. 4 display ports. Mores precise 10 bit colors. Better floating performance for modeling coordinates. Better interactive render.
But if the price is a concern and want to save some money to invest on a better cpu i would choose a 2070ti because in the game segment using for modeling you will not feel the difference.

TRENDING THREADS