Question Quadro with gtx card

Mar 12, 2019
I'm upgrading my pc for professional use. I've gtx 960 4gb,
I5-6600k
Now i want to buy a quadro p4000 and may upgrade my processor and motherboard. Is it possible to use both 960 and p4000 in a same system?
Thank you 😊

Feb 14, 2019
Hello Picopr,

If your motherboard and case have enough open PCI slots, then yes. What I would do is dedicate the 960 to the display by connecting that GPU to the monitor, then dedicating the p4000 to rendering by going to the NVIDIA control panel, 3d settings, program settings, then in the dropdown select the program you want to use the p4000 for, then click the box that lets you select a GPU to use for that program, and select the p4000. Do this for every program you need it for and you should be set :)

Best of luck!

Reactions: Picopr
Mar 12, 2019
Hello Picopr,

If your motherboard and case have enough open PCI slots, then yes. What I would do is dedicate the 960 to the display by connecting that GPU to the monitor, then dedicating the p4000 to rendering by going to the NVIDIA control panel, 3d settings, program settings, then in the dropdown select the program you want to use the p4000 for, then click the box that lets you select a GPU to use for that program, and select the p4000. Do this for every program you need it for and you should be set :)

Best of luck!
Thank you very much for the intel and description.

Reactions: toxicwarrior7

TRENDING THREADS