Quadro4 980XGL & DirectX 8 games - CFS3?

Hi there,

I recently installed Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3 under Win2K and
noticed that when installing DirectX 8.2 was installed - overwriting (I
think) DirectX9 that was already on the system.

No problems - downloaded and installed DircetX9.0b, installed the CFS3 3.1
and 3.1a patches from MS...

However...I cannot get CFS3 to run - I get an error from CFS3Config telling
me;
""CFS3Config could not detect any DirectX 8 capable video cards.
CFS3 requires a DirectX compatible video card"

I have a NVidia Quadro4 980XGL video card with 128MB RAM and the latest
drivers 56.72

I have also run the DXDiag.exe program and it has passed all the DirectX
tests on both displays attached to the Quadro.

Why does CFS3Config not detect my video card as DirectX compatible please?

--
Regards,
-pp-

On Thu, 13 May 2004 13:00:38 +0100, "Pheasant Plucker®"
<pheasant@plucker.not> wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>I recently installed Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3 under Win2K and
>noticed that when installing DirectX 8.2 was installed - overwriting (I
>think) DirectX9 that was already on the system.
>
>No problems - downloaded and installed DircetX9.0b, installed the CFS3 3.1
>and 3.1a patches from MS...
>
>However...I cannot get CFS3 to run - I get an error from CFS3Config telling
>me;
>""CFS3Config could not detect any DirectX 8 capable video cards.
>CFS3 requires a DirectX compatible video card"
>
>I have a NVidia Quadro4 980XGL video card with 128MB RAM and the latest
>drivers 56.72
>
>I have also run the DXDiag.exe program and it has passed all the DirectX
>tests on both displays attached to the Quadro.
>
>Why does CFS3Config not detect my video card as DirectX compatible please?

I'm not a video card guru, and I've never used any Quadro
card, but isn't that a workstation video card? Not sure if that
matters, but it might. Also... When DirectX 8.2 installed, it
shouldn't have written over the newer files. Of course, MS stuff
doesn't always work the way it's supposed to. I remember MS saying
that MSDOS games would play better under their new Win95 OS, and that
hardware would intergrate seemingly. :(