Qualcomm, Intel Help Futuremark Bring 3DMark to Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

math1337

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
Since it can't really be compared to the desktop version of 3dmark, it can't really be any better than any of the other benchmarks out there. Still, I look forward to having awesome visuals come out of my phone.

G

I'm guessing it will only run on android 4.0 or above? Not 2.x phones which are about 80% of the android market share?

meh, i'll pass...... unless it comes out for 2.3.4 that is.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
would people really buy it? i mean with people who have high end pc's they buy it, run it and compare thier builds and specs... with a device there isn't much customization so what is the point i have a samsung galaxy nexus... which will probably perform within a few % margin of error the same as all other samsung galaxy nexus phones

Ambiguity

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
[citation][nom]24oz[/nom]Seems like a waste of money to buy a benchmark tool for a phone you can not upgrade.[/citation]
exactly my thoughts.

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
This is propably more for the gazillion mobile phone tester / review -sites. Also good for raising awareness on "true" performance between architectures (might be good for Intel too), and maybe eventually between mobile OSs.

Status
Not open for further replies.