Qualcomm Launches Eight Snapdragon S4 Chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonedatheist

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
Seems like quad-core A15 chips are a sure thing in 2012, very exciting.

By the time my contract runs out in 2013, there probably will be a few hex or octa-core chips. Though there won't be a lot of things that can utilize or need that many cores and the smart ones will be buying the higher clocked quads.

JeTJL

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
Man and I thought Dual Core chips were awesome! Now I feel that I'm going to be left out on the cool stuff that will be released next year. Still though my Rooted HTC Sensation clocked @ 1.51ghz dual core is still the best you can get right now.

Hopefully 28nm will bring power consumption down considerably. I barely make it through the school day with the stock rom and clock. That and Battery Technology should be a lot better later on.

G

@jetjl Not really the best you can get, i got GS2 on tmobile for $30 a month ^_^

Kamab

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010
Dunno about battery technology. Energy density hasn't been improving much recently. Going to see biggest improvements in chip efficiency.

And in my opinion the biggest bottleneck in smartphones and tablets is your wireless bandwidth, whether through 3G, 4G, or wifi.

deadonthefloor

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
@Kamab
Northwestern university researchers just outlined a new Li-ion process which will improve battery life tenfold while reducing charging time tenfold. Right in time for these bad boys to hit our pockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.