[SOLVED] Quality comparison :PSU Seasonic S12II-620 or corsair cx750?

Oct 24, 2015
My setup doesn't need more than 620 Watts, I'm only asking which one has better overall quality without being noisy. I found them second handed almost at the same price(the Corsair being 12% cheaper) .

Corsair cx750 bronze vs (edit : The model is the CP-9020123-EU)

PSU Seasonic S12II-620 BRONZE 620 KW

Last edited:
I would go with the Seasonic over the Corsair because I have read a few (minimal) less than stellar comments about the CX series.....but I generally hear nothing bad about Seasonic.

I have a few of the Corsair RM series that I'm very happy with....but I they generally get a better rep than the CX series.

Oct 24, 2015
I would go with the Seasonic over the Corsair because I have read a few (minimal) less than stellar comments about the CX series.....but I generally hear nothing bad about Seasonic.

I have a few of the Corsair RM series that I'm very happy with....but I they generally get a better rep than the CX series.
The CX Series divide in 3 categories with different quality. Do you know if what you read regarded cxm or CX Series? (semi mod or full wired)

oldcracc

Reputable
Apr 10, 2019
I'd say go with SeaSonic, their much more reputable than Corsair at least in term of PSU's. SeaSonic's PSU's will easily last you 3+ years as long as you don't overload it, and anyways I've seen reviews on the CX series which were sub-par and I've only heard good things about SeaSonic.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139199
CX750 (2017) model , would be a better buy than the SEASONIC. It was upgraded in 2017.

2017 model listing:

• 80 Plus Bronze: Runs cooler and uses less power than less efficient power supplies
  • 5-year warranty: Backed by Corsair’s legendary technical support and customer service
  • Black housing, cable sleeving and connectors: Give your build the high-end look without breaking the bank
  • Thermally controlled 140mm fan: Quiet operation across a wide range of loads
  • LLC resonant topology with DC to DC: Ensures improved efficiency at lower loads and compatibility with all modern day chipsets and CPUs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 24, 2015
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139199
CX750 (2017) model , would be a better buy than the SEASONIC. It was upgraded in 2017.

2017 model listing:

• 80 Plus Bronze: Runs cooler and uses less power than less efficient power supplies
  • 5-year warranty: Backed by Corsair’s legendary technical support and customer service
  • Black housing, cable sleeving and connectors: Give your build the high-end look without breaking the bank
  • Thermally controlled 140mm fan: Quiet operation across a wide range of loads
  • LLC resonant topology with DC to DC: Ensures improved efficiency at lower loads and compatibility with all modern day chipsets and CPUs.
The model is the CP-9020123-EU