Jan 21, 2021
Ok so I don't know if anybody here can help me with that but I wil ltry to explain.
So...I use shadowplay to record my gameplay footage - I record at 4k (in shadowplay) after i export that gameplay footage into adobe premiere 2020 and later export it as an mp4 I see some quality loss.
even the file sizes are way different,

a shadowplay gameplay footage file total bitrate is : 126713kb/s and after editing and exporting my gameplay from adobe premiere 2020 that total bitrate is : 7317 kb/s so this is waaay less
is there anyway I can keep the same bitrate as the shadowplay footage?

Solution
The short answer is learn how to use Adobe Premier properly, or use an alternative editing tool that's easier to understand. Pretty much any editor though allows you to select bitrate when compressing, and not doing so is your main problem.

The ironic thing is many retail vs open source editors are made with convenience features, like presets that allow naïve users to pick basic types of devices used as a capture source. These presets then output via predetermined settings, including bitrate. These features only tend to work well for things like camcorders, etc. For gaming, you're better off choosing your own settings, and to do that you need to setup a custom profile, vs using a preset.

This is why I prefer open source editors. They...
The short answer is learn how to use Adobe Premier properly, or use an alternative editing tool that's easier to understand. Pretty much any editor though allows you to select bitrate when compressing, and not doing so is your main problem.

The ironic thing is many retail vs open source editors are made with convenience features, like presets that allow naïve users to pick basic types of devices used as a capture source. These presets then output via predetermined settings, including bitrate. These features only tend to work well for things like camcorders, etc. For gaming, you're better off choosing your own settings, and to do that you need to setup a custom profile, vs using a preset.

This is why I prefer open source editors. They tend to not be based mostly on presets. They also work well with the open source version of H.264, x264. The caveat, IF you like bells and whistles like movie titles, credits, transitions, and effects, is they usually are very limited on those. However being less bloated and more streamlined also means they encode faster.

I use an old one called Avidemux. It has it's quirks, and I only ever use fade in/out transitions with it, but it also yields very nice looking rendering results, especially with it's ABR (Average Bitrate) encoding option, which most editors don't have.

Last edited:
Solution