'Quantum Break' Pre-Order On Xbox One Includes PC Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirDrannik

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
This is a good thing. But I think that there is something big coming. If they are offering cross-system games, maybe they are preparing ground to cross-play between PC and XBOX, meaning, that if one runs on a system, it will run on the other as well. And it will be a unified experience? I don't know if I sounded clear though. But, it would be cool if XBOX and PC gaming became one. The Player amount would raise, and devs would be able to save costs by making games for a platform that would work on both, instead of porting it? Maybe?

warhammer68m

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
that's the goal, some games already will be crossplatform in multiplayer like Gigantic and Fable Legends which you'll be able to crossplay between XB1 and PC players on Windows 10

DXsocko007

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
The biggest question here is of you preorder you get the pc version for free. Does this mean tied to one account? Or is it like portal 2 on ps3 where you get seperate CD keys? My brother is an Xbox guy and Im a pc guy. I'd love to have a cross play games for us both

DXsocko007

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
The biggest question here is of you preorder you get the pc version for free. Does this mean tied to one account? Or is it like portal 2 on ps3 where you get seperate CD keys? My brother is an Xbox guy and Im a pc guy. I'd love to have a cross play games for us both

Will it be available on Steam? Will it have full controller support (directinput)? I'm not interested in the Windows 10 Xbox app, the Microsoft Store, or any free stuff to try to get me on there.

To DXsocko007, this is most likely to drive traffic to their Xbox App in Windows 10. You log into it with your gamertag.

ChronosVRdS

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2014
Will it be available on Steam? Will it have full controller support (directinput)? I'm not interested in the Windows 10 Xbox app, the Microsoft Store, or any free stuff to try to get me on there.

To DXsocko007, this is most likely to drive traffic to their Xbox App in Windows 10. You log into it with your gamertag.
Since is M$ game full support to the xbox 360 and one controllers, no more no less.
Also no company should use dinput anymore it's old and abandoned, using x360ce with old dinput only devices is the way to go.

DX12 so windows 10 exclusive, afaik is an Xbox app exclusive like Gear of Wars I doubt they will publish on steam even if it means more sells

lun471k

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
This is a good thing. But I think that there is something big coming. If they are offering cross-system games, maybe they are preparing ground to cross-play between PC and XBOX, meaning, that if one runs on a system, it will run on the other as well. And it will be a unified experience? I don't know if I sounded clear though. But, it would be cool if XBOX and PC gaming became one. The Player amount would raise, and devs would be able to save costs by making games for a platform that would work on both, instead of porting it? Maybe?

Very unlikely. Microsoft already tested cross-platform competition between Xbox and PC. Console gamers were getting destroyed:
http://www.techspot.com/news/39738-microsoft-killed-cross-platform-project-because-pc-gamers-wrecked-console-gamers.html

It's Microsoft marketing subtly, or not so subtly suggesting the Xbox One's power is comparable to the recommended PC imho. Honestly though, is this even a real game, or just a vehicle to help launch the xbox app and microsoft store? I checked out a 16 min gameplay video, and it seems like a linear corridor runner where you slow time whenever the action picks up. Makes sense. Seeing the one actor in it leaves a bad taste too, reminding me of the television show, "The Following", which at times just felt like a really long commercial for Microsoft products. The product placement is too strong in that one. Maybe that's just me but it comes across as a little disingenuous to me.

instyne

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2015
I have been waiting on the Microsoft release of ReCore, it was supposed to be an Xbox One exclusive but I see Microsoft is going dual release on this to Xbox and PC. Heard this is changing the kickoff date. Waiting on amazon to post this so I can preorder.

I'd like to know what resolution or resolutions, those recommendations are intended for. I've had several members ask about this and honestly, I can't find anything anywhere that indicates what resolution those hardware recommendations are intended for. Kind of hard to believe that a 980TI and 4790k are recommended for only 1080p.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
Wow those specs surely will hinder any cross platform hopes.

That's for 4k right? Why is there still no standard on what minimum and recommended specs accomplish?

Minimum specs should be parts that can run a game at 30fps minimum, recommended should be 60fps avg.

I REALLY doubt those specs are for 4k. So far as I know game developers don't generally release expected recommendations for 4k because not all games are optimized for it plus it usually requires a dual card configuration if you want to maintain 60fps on any demanding AAA titles and I have yet to see an SLI or Crossfire recommendation at the outset of a game release.

But it might be, because it sure as hell is a steep hardware requirement. Recommendations may also lower somewhat after game specific drivers are released. Witcher 3 had seriously high requirements at first until things got smoothed out.

epobirs

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011

It will almost certainly require that you use the same credentials for your XBL account and Microsoft account on Windows 10. That way, the digital purchase of the Xbox One version will automatically tie both versions to your account. Thus any attempt to share the purchase will require sharing the account as well.

I'm really not feeling the attraction here. On PS3/PS4 and Vita, getting both the console and handheld versions in the same purchase is a big winner for me. But I'm only likely to play a game on one platform or the other when it comes to consoles and PC. It usually comes down to which platform I own that offers it for a low price first, assuming there aren't any major deficits to that particular version.

HyperMatrix

Distinguished
May 23, 2015
Hmm....if this cross-buy stuff works, I may just end up picking up an Xbox One. Love my PS4...but hate having to buy 2 copies of a game to play on PC and PS4. Seems silly to do...but PC graphics/performance is far better. But many of my friends are console n00bs so can only play online with them on the PS4.

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
i've never seen so many people complain about getting a free PC copy. If your worried about all of that stuff, just buy the pc version..

Everyone else can enjoy the xbox one version, and a pc version for the uber visuals.. Then we can get half our money back and sell the xbox one version on ebay.

So if all of that "must be steam so i can share it with friends" is worth the $35 you could get back from ebay, then cool, by all means, pay for it on steam.

Avus

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2001
M$ confirmed there will be no Steam version.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mic.../1100-6434780/

Same as Fable Legend.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fab.../1100-6430096/

I don't think it is a much of a deal breaker if you already using Win10. But you can see MS is using the game to push Win10 and their M$ Store that NO ONE care. For me, I just don't have a habit to buy game at full price ($80CAD!!) and I am not sure MS Store will ever has something like Steam sales in future.

Yeah I don't care much that Microsoft does their thing. I just prefer to see it available elsewhere as well. I'm already using Steam, GOG, UPlay, and Origin... at least this store is "easy" because its pre-installed with Windows 10? I might develop multiple personality disorder having a 5th username and community. I don't particularly care about this game, but thinking toward the future and how it all plays out.

So... Let me get this right:
Its a cross-platform (so most likely console quality port) game that forces you to upgrade to win10, on a PC... that is more powerful than a console but you still get the console quality....

In other words, "Hey I hear you dont like Win10 so we are going to force you to get Win10 to play our console port game".

This is powerful stupid by Microsoft.
Anyone who thinks Microsoft is going to put extra time and resources on the PC version has not been paying attention for the last years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS