Question Query about intel DZ68BC motherboard.

Huzaifaarshad

Honorable
Jun 19, 2017
Hi !
Recently i got a motherboard DZ68BC and I have alot of questions about it and two of them are
1.what is post code led display.
2.what is PME#LED ? actually in the manual it is shown that this led's indication is green but in my case it is indicating constant red color. So what does that mean?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Post code LED display gives you characters that correspond to different fault types. The manual should have a list of all the potential codes.

PME is Power Management Event, even Intel doesn't seem to know what it indicates.

Are you saying your board doesn't work? Or just that you don't know why the LED is lit up red?

If you are seeing nothing on your Post Code display, points to a dead CPU or a missing voltage, which I imagine would maybe light up the PME LED.

Huzaifaarshad

Honorable
Jun 19, 2017
No its not dead yet but when ever i start my pc it just shows intel logi and screen where you have F2 F7 and F10 icons for bios bios update and boot menu and then it shutdown and again start amd do the same
Keeping in mind that it take several attemots by it sefl and then I turn it of from its power butten not knowing that whats happening.
I also updated the bios and the problem remains same.
Post code LED display gives you characters that correspond to different fault types. The manual should have a list of all the potential codes.

PME is Power Management Event, even Intel doesn't seem to know what it indicates.

Are you saying your board doesn't work? Or just that you don't know why the LED is lit up red?

If you are seeing nothing on your Post Code display, points to a dead CPU or a missing voltage, which I imagine would maybe light up the PME LED.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I would remove everything from the computer not necessary for testing. I have seen shorts in wiring allow the motherboard to boot, but fail to begin handing over to an OS. (My guess on that is as soon as the USB 3.0 controllers came on, it caused a reboot.)

If ACPI (Power Management) has failed on the system, then you need to install an OS that supports not having it. Not sure if that still applies to Windows 10, but worth a shot. From what I am reading it is still supported, just have to spam f5 when it asks for third party drivers. Try a fresh install and see if that helps. This would mean when you turn off your computer you would see the old 'it is now safe to turn off your computer message'