[SOLVED] Query about Steam Screenshots & Privacy ?

MarsColonist

Commendable
Jan 9, 2021
I was thinking of uploading some screenshots I took while playing video games on Steam onto some other gaming website with strangers for public discussion. However, I have heard that some images can contain information about the creator, is that right?

Will screenshot images of my Steam games contain any personally identifiable information? Or possibly information about my Steam account (such as its username) or other such identifying information?

Just wondering how much privacy I have if I post screenshots I take while in Steam ?

Solution
Will screenshot images of my Steam games contain any personally identifiable information? Or possibly information about my Steam account (such as its username) or other such identifying information?
Unless you upload it to Steam, it just lives in your computer. Alternatively there's always using the PrtScn key and pasting it in your favorite image editing app. Or using Windows + shift + S to take screenshots.
Unless you upload it to Steam, it just lives in your computer. Alternatively there's always using the PrtScn key and pasting it in your favorite image editing app. Or using Windows + shift + S to take screenshots.

Solution