I have a Compaq Presario preloaded with Win XP Home. When the PC opens the
following ERROR msg appears:

RUNNER ERROR
Invalid BackWeb application id "1940576"

What could be wrong and how do I remove it?
Capt K Ripendran

Backweb is a program provided by HP/Compaq,that sends information from
your computer to the HP Centre.
Start>Run>type "msconfig" and hit enter>goto "Startup">Scroll down and
find the Backweb Agent and untick the box> Click Apply/Ok>Restart the
computer.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP