Aug 11, 2024
First of all, let me just say I am so pissed off with this computer. I am not a super smart computer guy but I used to enjoy building a PC and normally using it for work but sometimes gaming. I am not looking for super fast anything just stability. So last December (2023) I thought it was build a new PC. I went pretty hard so I thought as I wanted to an up to date unit that will perform decently with newer games. I got 14900k on a z790 Gigabyte Xtreme X MB 96 GB of G-Skill 7200. 1500watt ps. Gigabyte RTX4090 GPU. This thing has been nothing but problems from day 1. It takes 3 times as long to boot as my old I7. The 14900k has been doing its crash thing with a lot of games. Even the Bluetooth adapter in the MB quit a while back. So a few days ago I updates my bios with the new one that contains the microcode error fix that intel recently released. I figured I will give Half-Life Alyx a go on Quest 3 with pcvr running through Steam-VR. Much to my amazement it didn't crash. Although it did give me a warning about GPU resources not being enough which I find strange with a 4090. None the less it worked. So I went to go try California Sunshine 2 and boom almost immediately after gameplay starts it just freezes and the then the computer resets. TBH I feel like throwing this computer through a window. I mean like I said I don't really know how to diagnose the issue but why is there even an issue.

Anyway, if any of you have some wisdom, please let me know. How do I even start going down this rabbit hole of diagnostics. Thanks in Advance.