Was there ever a release with all the games in the series from 1 to 5?
I loved those games!!!

"Wolfing" <wolfing1@gmail.com> once tried to test me with:

> Was there ever a release with all the games in the series from 1 to 5?
> I loved those games!!!

Aren't these games one of the sierra series that is getting/got a re-
release recently/soon?

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

pat

Expert

"Wolfing" <wolfing1@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Was there ever a release with all the games in the series from 1 to 5?
> I loved those games!!!

Remember playing one of these games and having to kill bunnies. Lost
interest there. Poor bunnies.

pat nospam wrote:
> "Wolfing" <wolfing1@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Was there ever a release with all the games in the series from 1 to 5?
> > I loved those games!!!
>

> Remember playing one of these games and having to kill bunnies. Lost
> interest there. Poor bunnies.
Guess you haven't watched Monty Python's "Quest for the Holy Grail".
Bunnies *ARE* evil. (By the way, if you haven't watched it... GET IT
NOW!)

pat nospam wrote:
> "Wolfing" <wolfing1@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Was there ever a release with all the games in the series from 1 to 5?
> > I loved those games!!!
>

> Remember playing one of these games and having to kill bunnies. Lost
> interest there. Poor bunnies.

You missed on a great RPG there. I especially loved it because it was
the first game (that I remember playing) where the actual game changed
depending on your class, not only in how you did in combat, but in the
actual game. It's a pity games didn't follow on that. Nowadays the
difference between rogue, fighter and mage are just the graphics they
use to do the same 10 points of damage... how unimaginative.
The game kept a score of how you 'played'. Then let's say you find 5
ogres blocking entrance to an area. The fighter would score by just
killing the ogres. The mage could also kill the ogres but get no
score, but he would score if he used, say, an illusion a dragon to
scare them away and then walk by, and the rogue would scare by climbing
a nearby wall, walking on a tightrope above the ogres and getting
across.
Also, each class would open different areas of the game where the other
classes just couldn't get in (like fighter's hall, or the wizard's
academy, or the inside of houses to rob and the rogue's guild for
example). So you could play the game 3 times in different ways (in the
first game, then they added a 4th class)

On 28 Sep 2005 13:15:21 -0700, Wolfing wrote:

> Was there ever a release with all the games in the series from 1 to 5?
> I loved those games!!!

on a related topic, take a look at this fan made QfG.

Quest for Glory 4 1/2: So You Thought You Were a Hero?
http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=3347

PS. good idea to have pop up blockers, when using this site.

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

On 2005-09-28, Wolfing <wolfing1@gmail.com> wrote:
> Was there ever a release with all the games in the series from 1 to 5?
> I loved those games!!!

Yes. There was a Quest for Glory compilation that had all of them
from 1 to 5. You might be able to find it on e-bay.

wyzwyz typed:
>> Was there ever a release with all the games in the
>> series from 1 to 5? I loved those games!!!

Well, there was QfG Anthology that had QfG1-4 (including
QfG1 VGA). Might be hard to find nowadays, check eBay.

I have also heard on the adventure newsgroup they might
be re-releasing all the Sierra 'Quest' games soon in bundle
packs, but I'll believe it when I see it. ;)

> on a related topic, take a look at this fan made QfG.
>
> Quest for Glory 4 1/2: So You Thought You Were a Hero?
> http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=3347

Yep, fans are also re-making QfG2 in full VGA glory here:
http://www.agdinteractive.com/

Not to be missed that one, if KQ2 VGA was any indication
of the quality to expect. ;)

--
};> Matt v3.2 <:{

<random sig>
Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.

On 29 Sep 2005 06:16:24 -0700, Wolfing wrote:

> pat nospam wrote:

> You missed on a great RPG there. I especially loved it because it was
> the first game (that I remember playing) where the actual game changed
> depending on your class, not only in how you did in combat, but in the
> actual game. It's a pity games didn't follow on that. Nowadays the
> difference between rogue, fighter and mage are just the graphics they
> use to do the same 10 points of damage... how unimaginative.
> The game kept a score of how you 'played'. Then let's say you find 5
> ogres blocking entrance to an area. The fighter would score by just
> killing the ogres. The mage could also kill the ogres but get no
> score, but he would score if he used, say, an illusion a dragon to
> scare them away and then walk by, and the rogue would scare by climbing
> a nearby wall, walking on a tightrope above the ogres and getting
> across.
> Also, each class would open different areas of the game where the other
> classes just couldn't get in (like fighter's hall, or the wizard's
> academy, or the inside of houses to rob and the rogue's guild for
> example). So you could play the game 3 times in different ways (in the
> first game, then they added a 4th class)

actually if you played the rogue/thief, and spent your points right, you
could still play all 3 endings (for qfg 1 & 2), depending on how you
progress, and almost all the options where opened up to you.

I never ended up finishing the 3rd one, and the 4th one just looked bad.

It would be great if they remade them all for winxp, and redid all the
gfx, not 3d, just newer better ...