[SOLVED] Question 10G non-blocking switch for WiFi 11ax communications

Feb 12, 2020
I want to connect a test device to send traffic WiFi 802.11ax so I'm looking for a switch with the following specs:

• Switch 10G copper
• Wire Speed, non-blocking’ switch
• Number of ports: Minimum number of non-blocking ports (I only need 4 ports at the moment)

Also, my budget is a bit limited, so please bear that in mind too :)

Solution
One switch that may meet your need that I recently used is the 4 port Netgear that runs $350 at Amazon. There is also an 8 port version for $500.

The QNAP that I mentioned is far cheaper but only supports the DAC Copper 5m (or shorter). As you probably know 10GBaseT is still quite expensive.

edit: I asked about which type as many refer to the 5m SFP+ Direct Attach Copper (DAC) as copper too, since they are copper coax cables. ;)

RealBeast

Titan
One switch that may meet your need that I recently used is the 4 port Netgear that runs $350 at Amazon. There is also an 8 port version for $500.

The QNAP that I mentioned is far cheaper but only supports the DAC Copper 5m (or shorter). As you probably know 10GBaseT is still quite expensive.

edit: I asked about which type as many refer to the 5m SFP+ Direct Attach Copper (DAC) as copper too, since they are copper coax cables. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: natiya3
Solution