• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Question 3 external displays - (Acer Swift5) SF514-53T

Jun 10, 2020
Hello all,

I've been reading threads and doing researches but still no clue......so please kindly help.

I am trying to set up 3 external displays for my Acer Swift5 (SF514-53T). The 3 monitors are all Dell and they are not daisy chainable.

My laptop has only 2 display output ports - HDMI & USB-C. So I am pretty sure I will need to purchase some sort of splitter/adapter to utilize the 3 external displays.

Thank you!
S

UmarG

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2013
So, looking at the specs of the laptop you mentioned, it has a USB 3.1 Gen 1 (up to 5 Gbps) that supprots DisplayPort over USB-C - which should be good to support a few displays. I asked a question a while back regarding how many displays a standard USB 3.1 Gen 1 port can support, you can check that for some info on that (TL;DR it should be able to support 2 1080p displays at 144Hz or four 1080p at 60 Hz)

But in order to set up 2 displays on that 1 port, you'd need an adapter for that - something like this should help (verify that the adapter that you're getting is compatible with USB 3.1 Gen 1, not just Thunderbolt 3).

Hope that helped!

ASK THE COMMUNITY