[SOLVED] Question 3 external displays - (Acer Swift5) SF514-53T

Jun 10, 2020
Hello all,

I've been reading threads and doing researches but still no clue......so please kindly help.

I am trying to set up 3 external displays for my Acer Swift5 (SF514-53T). The 3 monitors are all Dell and they are not daisy chainable.

My laptop has only 2 display output ports - HDMI & USB-C. So I am pretty sure I will need to purchase some sort of splitter/adapter to utilize the 3 external displays.

Thank you!
S

Solution
So, looking at the specs of the laptop you mentioned, it has a USB 3.1 Gen 1 (up to 5 Gbps) that supprots DisplayPort over USB-C - which should be good to support a few displays. I asked a question a while back regarding how many displays a standard USB 3.1 Gen 1 port can support, you can check that for some info on that (TL;DR it should be able to support 2 1080p displays at 144Hz or four 1080p at 60 Hz)

But in order to set up 2 displays on that 1 port, you'd need an adapter for that - something like this should help (verify that the adapter that you're getting is compatible with USB 3.1 Gen 1, not just Thunderbolt 3).

Hope that helped!

UmarG

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2013
So, looking at the specs of the laptop you mentioned, it has a USB 3.1 Gen 1 (up to 5 Gbps) that supprots DisplayPort over USB-C - which should be good to support a few displays. I asked a question a while back regarding how many displays a standard USB 3.1 Gen 1 port can support, you can check that for some info on that (TL;DR it should be able to support 2 1080p displays at 144Hz or four 1080p at 60 Hz)

But in order to set up 2 displays on that 1 port, you'd need an adapter for that - something like this should help (verify that the adapter that you're getting is compatible with USB 3.1 Gen 1, not just Thunderbolt 3).

Hope that helped!

Solution