[SOLVED] Question about 144hz VS. 244hz monitor with FPS in fortnite.

Nov 1, 2019
Im getting 150-170 fps in fortnite. I have a 144hz Monitor. I want to upgrade to a 244HZ Gysnc.
Will my game feel smoother with 144hz or 244hz monitor capped even though not im not reaching 200fps

Just curious since I wanna get a cheap af 244hz gsync and wanna play smoothly.

Thank you.

Solution
Is your current monitor variable refresh rate?

What GPU do you have? True GSync is kinda pointless anymore (except to lock you into Nvidia GPUs for the life of your monitor) since Nvidia GTX10xx and newer GPUs can utilize FreeSync/VESA Adaptive sync over DisplayPort connection.

144Hz to 240Hz isn't going to be a significant (enough) difference. A variable refresh rate 240Hz monitor will still update at 150-170Hz to match your FPS.

What GPU do you have? True GSync is kinda pointless anymore (except to lock you into Nvidia GPUs for the life of your monitor) since Nvidia GTX10xx and newer GPUs can utilize FreeSync/VESA Adaptive sync over DisplayPort connection.

144Hz to 240Hz isn't going to be a significant (enough) difference. A variable refresh rate 240Hz monitor will still update at 150-170Hz to match your FPS.

Reactions: JamaalAhmed
Solution
Nov 1, 2019

GPU - 1050TI
Direct 12xx in fortnite is coming out soon so i guess more fps?

Is it worth getting a 240hz monitor or nah

TRENDING THREADS