[SOLVED] Question about 24 pin connectors.

Skripted

Commendable
Sep 28, 2020
Guys, I tried pulling out my 24 pin power connector in order to reset my motherboard (because it short) and gave up half-way (meaning that it was halfway out). I pushed it back in and my PC runs fine (the motherboard was able to restart and I got into bios), but I wanted to ask if there is any risk to my pc right now or if it's all good? I'm worried cause I spent about an hour trying to pull out the power connector and in the last twenty minutes or so of me trying to pull out the connector, it wouldn't budge at all from the halfway point. Right now it looks like there's a small-ish gap (prolly like a millimeter) on the the side closer to the ram (I'm actually not so sure if it's a gap or if it's just the angel I'm looking at though), while the side with the retention pin looks completely normal. Also, whenever I power it up from either shut down or sleep there's this weird static/"vwiiiip"/ripping noise (like I'm ripping open some cling wrap or aluminum foil). Will my PC spontaneously combust because of what I did or no?

Last edited:
Solution
See the gap, but if it's fully in should it be fine. Can try to put some more pressure on th side of the gap to see if it gives abit, but if not fine.

The rip sound you hear might be a fan, soemtimes a wire touches a fan which can make that sound, maybe a wire crossing the cpu fan or gitting the back fan. You need to find out which fan (probably) it is, open the system and listen, maybe with a rolled up paper to locate it.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Pictures would be nice,

You can use Imgur to post a picture here,use the "img" link.
Click "new post" ->choose "upload images" -> "browse" ->choose the picture and click "open" ->put cursor on the picture that you uploaded->choose "share links" and copy the img link,paste it in your next post.

A partslist as well. For the psu=maker+model+wattage.

Skripted

Commendable
Sep 28, 2020
Pictures would be nice,

A partslist as well. For the psu=maker+model+wattage.
Sorry for the late reply; only saw the replies to the post as I was getting ready to go to sleep (timezones).

Here's the photo:
120162677_701860233752110_1698301847864095380_n.jpg

My PSU: Cougar VTX 500w 80+ Bronze
Mobo (just ni case): A320m-gaming pro (MSI)

There's also this yellow flashing light on my power button. Other than that there's no oddities as far as I can observe.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
See the gap, but if it's fully in should it be fine. Can try to put some more pressure on th side of the gap to see if it gives abit, but if not fine.

The rip sound you hear might be a fan, soemtimes a wire touches a fan which can make that sound, maybe a wire crossing the cpu fan or gitting the back fan. You need to find out which fan (probably) it is, open the system and listen, maybe with a rolled up paper to locate it.

Solution