Question Question about 240hz monitor

HerEyeSin

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
So say I have. 240hz monitor, and I only do about 140 160 FPS on most games will it cause issues? Becasue my frames aren’t at 240?

The only issue is you might perceive the tearing since the refresh is not matching the framerate (this happens regardless of which has the higher rate). BUT, at 240hz the tear(s) will be on the screen for a fraction of a second so you would have to be very susceptible to noticing tearing to see it.

If you somehow do see tearing, you could try capping your framerate at 120 so exactly have the refresh. Basically you'd see the same frame twice but would still be very smooth.

HerEyeSin

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
The only issue is you might perceive the tearing since the refresh is not matching the framerate (this happens regardless of which has the higher rate). BUT, at 240hz the tear(s) will be on the screen for a fraction of a second so you would have to be very susceptible to noticing tearing to see it.

If you somehow do see tearing, you could try capping your framerate at 120 so exactly have the refresh. Basically you'd see the same frame twice but would still be very smooth.
Ok would g sync help?

HerEyeSin

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
It won't cause any issues, but you'd be wasting a good portion of money on a capability you aren't using. You'd be better off saving some cash or investing it in a nicer 144Hz display.

The value statement aside, it won't cause any issues.
Yea I get it but I’m thinking of actually playing 1440p and there is a new monitor coming out at 240hz, but I’m just going to go with the 165hz 1440p